One major perk that small businesses have in this day and age is that it’s easier than ever to outsource a variety of tasks. If there’s something that needs to be done, and it’s not efficient for you or your employees to do it, then having an outside party complete the task for you can save your business time, energy, and money. Enter the freelance market, where you can find numerous qualified remote workers for almost any type of project you can think of.
Yes, hiring freelancers is an investment just like hiring anyone else, but it can be much more cost-effective than adding employees. And if you need extra funds to get started, look to grants or financing options that can help small businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic.
While jobs like virtual assistants and bookkeepers may be the first to come to mind when you think of freelancers, there are a lot of other kinds of professionals that can help with less common tasks. Here are five unique types of freelancers that can move your small business forward.
1. SEO – Now more than ever, SEO (search engine optimization) is essential to online success for any type of business. Boosting your visibility through various SEO strategies can be a boon for your web traffic, brand awareness, sales and your credibility. Outsourcing your SEO can be easy too.
While not a freelancer business, SEO Locale does offer month-to-month contract options when you use their services to increase your SEO rankings. This makes it easy to work with SEO Locale as often as you need and on your terms.
2. Software Developers – Many small businesses struggle to find a good software developer. Many also neglect to test the freelance market. By looking at the freelance market, you are likely to find candidates who can handle any task you need, no matter how niche it may be. Plus, freelance developers are often more productive and motivated to produce timely, high-quality work. As with the other jobs on this list, online job boards are the best place to find such talent.
3. Cybersecurity Specialists – As the web becomes more and more of an integral part of society, so does cybersecurity. Small businesses are especially vulnerable to attacks by hackers and other types of cyber criminals. Whether it’s personal data, computing power, or cash from your bank account, a lot of cyber criminals target smaller companies because it is assumed that they will be less protected. By hiring a freelance cybersecurity specialist, you can make sure the criminals don’t succeed.
4. Artists – This is a broad category because it involves everyone from graphic designers to musicians to videographers. Hiring a freelance artist can prove useful when you need help with fliers, jingles, promotional videos, and a wide variety of other projects. And when it comes to your digital marketing efforts, freelance artists are some of the best hires you can make.
5. Writers – As with artists, there’s a wide variety of writers available in the freelance market. If you need written content for your blog page, social media posts, or any other type of written marketing materials, hiring a writer can save you a lot of time, energy, and money. And if you find a writer you enjoy working with, you may be able to work out a long-term agreement with them.
The freelance market is ripe with qualified, reliable candidates for a wide variety of tasks and projects. Look into adding software developers, cybersecurity specialists, link builders, artists, and/or writers to your team. Not only can hiring freelancers provide your business with top-notch work and a fast turnaround, but it can also save you money while helping you and your employees focus on what you do best.